Mar 20, 2019

Bodacious florals

Hey there fellow crafters!  Kristina H here today with a lovely floral card to share.



I was inspired to create this card in order to use some pieces of paper I had laying on my desk.  I recently purchased the new alcohol pearl inks and had been playing around with them.  I just knew I needed to use these papers to create something lovely!

Here are all the pieces I used today.


This card only uses 3 dies and no stamping at all!  


I have a dark gray, A2 sized card base, another piece of dark gray cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4", a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4", and a piece of heavy vellum cut to 2 1/4" x 4 3/4".  

The first thing I did was to put Stick It adhesive onto the back of the dark gray cardstock.  Then I taped the Diamond Galore panel die to the gray cardstock.  


I strongly suggest you use the precision cutting plate that comes with your particular die cutting machine.  I ran it through several times to make sure it was completely cut.  Then I poked out all of the negative pieces.


Here is the piece of alcohol pearl ink Yupo paper piece that I cut up to use for the flowers.  I didn't get a chance to snap a photo of the green piece but you can see it in the video.


I went ahead and cut out the flowers once from the red Yupo piece and once from the blue Yupo piece.  I also cut out the because from the red Yupo and the white cardstock.


Once I had all of my pieces cut, I went to work building the card base.  I peeled the Stick It backing paper off of the diamond die cut panel and adhered it to the white cardstock.  Then I adhered the white cardstock onto the gray card base.



Next I put foam tape on the back of the red flowers but only in some spots.  These dies actually have cut lines in the flower.  I wanted to add extra dimension to the flower so these areas were more prominent.


Here are the flowers glued onto the green flower stems.  I also glued the red because die cut piece onto the white because die cut piece.


I added liquid adhesive to the back of the flower piece and glued it onto the vellum.  I put an acrylic block on top to help hold it in place until it was dry.  


After that, I turned the whole vellum piece over and added liquid glue behind parts of the flower piece.  This way my glue would be hidden since I'm using vellum.  I adhered it to the card base.

The very last step was to glue the because die cut into place.  I lined my card base up with the grid on my mat to make sure it was straight.  Then I just eyeballed it to put it in place!  


And a close up to show you all the color in the red flowers!



I sure hope you have enjoyed my project today.  I even managed to make a video!  Check it out below.




Supplies listed below:

Stick It Adhesive sheets
Stick It Adhesive sheets
Shop at:
Dies R Us
Penny Black Bodacious die
Penny Black Bodacious die
Shop at:
Dies R Us
Frantic Stamper Just Because die
Frantic Stamper Just Because die
Shop at:
Dies R Us
Frantic Stamper Diamonds Galore
Frantic Stamper Diamonds Galore
Shop at:
Dies R Us
Neenah Solar White
Neenah Solar White
Shop at:
SBC
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue
Shop at:
SBC
Ranger Alcohol ink - Deception
Ranger Alcohol ink - Deception
Shop at:
SBC
Ranger Alcohol ink - Enchanted
Ranger Alcohol ink - Enchanted
Shop at:
SBC
Ranger Alcohol ink - Smolder
Ranger Alcohol ink - Smolder
Shop at:
SBC
Ranger Alcohol ink - Mineral
Ranger Alcohol ink - Mineral
Shop at:
SBC
Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
Shop at:
SBC
Yupo paper
Yupo paper
Shop at:
SBC


Be sure to check out all of our great links below!

See you soon!
~Kristina

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Very elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is just beautiful Kristina! Thanks for all the tips & tricks! Awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have put this together so well. Everything pulls together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete